RuneLite But You Can Save Your Password (BYCSYP)
RuneLite is a free, open source OldSchool RuneScape client… that didn’t let you save your password and now you can!
The official stance from the RuneLite team is that this isn’t a feature they are interested in adding (See #13652 and #249) That’s completely fine! We can create a fork of the project!
Isn’t that a security risk?
- Do you leave your password manager logged in? Yes?
- Do you leave RS on your phone logged in? Yes?
- Do you have the RuneScape Steam client linked with your Steam account that auto logs in? Yes?
Yes. Saving your password to disk is not super secure. We are trading a little security for a lot of convenience. Just enable an authenticator and type that in once a month.
How To Install RuneLite (BYCSYP)
How To Save Your Password In RuneLite (BYCSYP)
Setup Guide / How To
- Open the plugins panel, search or
- Enable the toggle inside the Login Screen plugin
- Enter/Paste your password into the popup window
- Click save.