Wondering how to create a Windows 10 on ARM (Windows on Rapsberry Pi) SD Card from a macOS or Linux/Unix computer? Using a free minimal Windows 10 Virtual Machine image and the open source software Virtual Box you can pass your SD Card or USB Drive the Windows on Raspberry (WoR) media creation tool! This easy guide will show you how
Requirements: SD Card Reader/USB Drive,
~20GB Free hard drive space on the host machine to download and Extract the Windows 10 VM and download an
ARM64 disk image of Windows 10 for installation.
1. Download and Install Virtual Box
2. Download and Install VirtualBox Host Extension Pack
3. Download the free MSEdge on Windows 10 Virtual Box Image
4. Extract MSEdge VM .zip, Double click the .ova and Import the VM.
5. Settings > USB Controller > USB3.0 or USB2.0 depending on your SD Card reader
If you only see USB 1.1 controller download the host virutal box host extensions in step 2.
6. Start the Windows 10 VM, Use the bottom Toolbar to select your SD Card Reader and pass it to the VM
the password for the VM's user account is:
- why Microsoft wanted to have a password on the use account in the first place is beyond human comprehension.
You should see your SD Card in the Virtual Box VM.
Now you're free to follow the normal Windows on Raspberry (WoR) instructoins on https://www.worproject.ml/downloads